APPLICATIONS & SOLUTIONS
In the chemical industry, the final product quality is often the driving force, but the purification of intermediates is also important. Jacobi has extensive experience and offers a range of solutions in the treatment of liquid chemicals. Impurities, colours or inhibitors need to be removed from the chemical products.
Chemical processes where Jacobi’s solutions are used are:
- Crystallisation yield improvement
- Heat stability improvement
- Intermediate product purification
- Ionic impurities removal
- Purification and decolourisation of final product
- Purification of off spec product
Jacobi Services offers customised packages with immediate availability to meet all these purification challenges. On top of this, we have developed a collection of top-of-the-range adsorption products that maximise performance and keep costs to a minimum.
- Mobile filters are a proven technology
- Custom reactivation or take back and supply of virgin carbon is possible
- Mobile filters for temporary use in case of emergency.
- Clean solution, operators do not come into contact with the activated carbon
- Onsite representative pilot testing
Biodiesel is a type of biofuel mainly made from vegetable oil, such as rapeseed, by a transesterification reaction of the triglyceride. This a process that converts fats and oils into biodiesel and glycerine (a coproduct). Both products are separated based on their density difference (glycerine density = 1.22, biodiesel density = 0.88). Both the crude glycerine and biodiesel can contain undesirable impurities that are picked up during transport and must be removed prior to final use.
Glycerine is a colourless, odourless, viscous liquid that tastes sweet and is non-toxic. It is produced on an industrial scale during soap manufacturing by saponification or in biodiesel production by a transesterification reaction. Jacobi Services solutions are used during refinement and bleaching of crude glycerine.
GET IN TOUCH
Fill out the short form below and our team will be in touch.
*indicates a mandatory field.